It’s tough to come up with new and interesting snack ideas for the kids, but it’s so important that they eat small, healthy meals regularly when those little bodies are growing. The après-school snack is very important in our house (about 3:30) because who knows what they ate for lunch.
I like to have a variety of fruits and veggies with dips and crackers on the counter so the kids can choose what they want to fill up on and get used to making healthy choices. Celery, carrots, cucumbers, grapes (or whatever is in the crisper) with crackers, hummus and cheese are my ‘go-to’ options. It sounds like a lot to prepare, but when the food is in the fridge and ready to go, it’s easy and can be replaced every day.
My kids are ‘dippers’ so I like to try new recipes for them to dip their veggies and crackers into. Here’s a great recipe that they love:
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) 2% Greek yogurt (1¼ cups)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Store in refrigerator for up to three days.
Category: No Category