If you’re like me and you’ve made more turkey soup that you can possibly eat, I thought it might be fun to share some other ideas for how to use up all the leftover poultry that’s likely lingering in your fridge.
I took to the Internet and opened a few of my favourite cookbooks, and came up with the following brilliant ideas. I don’t know how I haven’t made most of these before, but now that I know leftovers can yield such delicious results, you can bet that I’ll be increasing the size of my next turkey in order to have leftovers for these great ideas:
- Turkey Cobb Salad – Perfect for the work or school lunch box, this salad is composed of chopped romaine, diced turkey, creamy avocado, crisp bacon and crumbled feta. A blue cheese dressing or simple vinaigrette will finish the dish off perfectly.
- Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Quesadillas – Brush two whole grain tortillas with olive oil. Place both pieces oil-side down in a cast-iron skillet and top each with shredded turkey, a dollop of cranberry sauce and slices of Brie. Top with another tortilla (also brushed with oil and placed oil-side up) and grill, flipping when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Pasta with Turkey, Mushrooms, Peas and Lemon Cream – Cook up some pasta. In a small skillet, combine chopped turkey, sliced mushrooms, frozen peas and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook until the peas are thawed and the mushrooms have browned. Add a splash of cream, some lemon zest and toss with the pasta.
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie – Make the usual recipe, swapping the beef for turkey and replace Yukon Golds with sweet potatoes.
- Turkey and Caramelized Onion Pizza – Top your favourite dough with shredded turkey, caramelized onions and mozzarella.
- Turkey Club Sandwich – Chopped turkey, bacon, lettuce, sundried tomatoes and mayonnaise sandwiched between two thick slices of rye bread. Serve grilled or at room temperature.
| Tagged under