My contribution to the 2nd annual SavvyMom Holiday Bake-Off is not a tried-and-true family recipe, but rather a tasty treat I first had at Thanksgiving time when attending a birthday party for my cousin’s young son. After sampling these delicious squares, I had to get the recipe.
The best part, after the taste, is how simple they are to make. Four ingredients and 20 minutes is all you need.
Chocolatey Skor Bars
- 1 package of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk, depending on your taste)
- 1 package of Skor pieces
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 box of Ritz crackers, crushed into a fine powder
Prep and Cook
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Crush the entire box of Ritz crackers into a fine powder. I put them in a zippered plastic bag and used a rolling pin to crush, but you could also pulverize them in a food processor.
- Combine chocolate chips, Skor bits, Ritz cracker crumbs and condensed milk in a bowl. Stir together.
- Spread mixture on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and press down with your hands to make sure there are no air holes.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool, cut into squares and enjoy!