15 Minute Recipe
Apple & Peanut Butter Stacks
If they’re tired of the traditional apple, then shake things up with this layered version that’s both tasty and fun to eat.
- 1 small red apple, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small green apple, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup granola
- 1 hard-boiled egg
Prep and Cook
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter over all of the apple slices except one, and top with a sprinkling of granola.
- Stack the slices, alternating between red and green pieces and finish with the slice that doesn’t have any peanut butter on it.
- Serve with a hard-boiled egg and eat immediately before the apples turn colour.
Good to Know: If you don’t have granola on hand, feel free to use sunflower or pumpkin seeds or any kind of chopped nuts.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.