15 Minute Recipe
Asparagus Tart with Pancetta and Feta
- 12 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 roll puff pastry
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- zest of one lemon
- ½ cup cooked pancetta
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus in a mixing bowl and coat with olive oil and black pepper and set aside.
- Unwrap puff pastry and lightly dust with flour. With a rolling pin, roll pastry once in each direction. Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet and create a border around the pastry by folding over approximately ½ inch of the edge. Brush border with the egg wash. Using a fork, pierce pastry bottom at ½ ince intervals. Place puff pastry in the oven to bake for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1–2 minutes. Whisk in milk, lemon zest, salt and black pepper and stir until thick and bubbling. Remove from the stovetop and set aside.
- When pastry has finished baking, pour the lemon sauce into the pastry, spreading out evenly to the edges.
- Arrange asparagus spears to fit crosswise alternating tips and ends inside pastry, evenly sprinkle the pancetta and feta. Bake until the asparagus is tender and the pastry is golden brown, approximately 8–10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Good to Know:
This dish is rich and is best served with a green salad with light vinaigrette.
Pancetta can be substituted with prosciutto or bacon, or be omitted.
Can be made in advance and reheated prior to serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
305 calories, Fat – 22.4g, Saturated Fats – 9.4g, Fibre – 2.9g, Carbohydrates – 13.7g, Protein – 9.27g, Sodium – 388g
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.