- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and minced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large tin crushed tomatoes
- Orzo, cooked al dente
Prep and Cook
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook the onions, garlic, carrots and celery until they are softened and the edges are slightly browned. Add the meat, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and rosemary. Saute for 8 to10 minutes until the meat is browned.
- Add the tomatoes and ⅓ cup water and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 60 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain the orzo and toss it with the sauce.
- Serve with grated cheese if desired.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.