Bacon and Leek Mini Quiche
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 12 frozen mini pastry shells
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place mini pastry shells on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place bacon in a medium skillet set over medium heat. As soon as you hear it start to sizzle, stir it around the pan and cook until most of the fat has been rendered and the meat is crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Add leeks and thyme to the pan and return it to the heat. Cook until leeks are translucent, about 5–7 minutes.
- While leeks are cooking, in a small bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg and whisk well.
- Place bacon back in the pan with the leeks and stir to combine. Fill each pastry shell with 1 tablespoon of the bacon mixture and cover with egg mixture, filling the shells to the just below the rim.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and the centre is firm to the touch.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
127 Calories, 7.3 g Total Fat, 2.5 g Saturated Fat, 0.4 g Fibre, 10.7 g Carbohydrates, 4.6 g Protein, 248 mg Sodium
This nutritional information is from the MacGourmet:Nutrition plug-in. All numbers are approximate.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.