Easy Entertaining Recipe
Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 10–12 bacon strips
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and carrots and cook for another minute or two. Remove from stovetop and allow to cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl and stir. Add egg and mix to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl add turkey, parsley, salt, sage and pepper. Add cooled vegetables and milk mixture and mix with hands until everything is combined. Shape meat into a 10” x 5” loaf and set on baking sheet.
- Brush top of loaf with ketchup and lay strips of bacon diagonally across turkey, taking care to overlap them. Tuck bacon ends under the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until middle of the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
268 Calories, 8.7 g Total Fat, 2.3 g Saturated Fat, 1.8 g Fibre, 20.5 g Carbohydrates, 26.9 g Protein, 1841 mg Sodium
This nutritional information is from the MacGourmet:Nutrition plug-in. All numbers are approximate.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.