Chicken and Kale Pizza Bake
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 bunch of kale, centre stalks removed and cut into thin ribbons
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1½ cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded partly skimmed mozzarella cheese
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Heat a good glug of olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper, and place it skin-side down in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for another two, then remove it from the pan and transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add another glug of oil to the pan and sauté the kale until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season it lightly with some salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Nestle the chicken and its juices back in the pan with the kale. Sprinkle the oregano over top. Mix the pizza sauce with ½ cup water and pour it over the chicken and kale. Top with shredded mozzarella and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with crusty bread and a simple salad, which you can make while the chicken is in the oven.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
193 Calories, 12.9 g Total Fat, 4.55 g Saturated Fat, 0.8 g Fibre, 6.4 g Carbohydrates, 11.93 g Protein, 433 mg Sodium
This nutritional information is from the MacGourmet:Nutrition plug-in. All numbers are approximate.
© 2005 - 2016 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.