Chicken Fingers with Asparagus 'Ketchup'
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- 12 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon, approximately 1–2 Tbsp
- ½ tsp salt
Prep and Cook
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry. Slice each breast into strips and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and allow it marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes (up to 8 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- Coat chicken with the breadcrumbs, coating all sides well. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake until light golden brown and cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Serve with asparagus ketchup (see recipe).
- Roughly chop the asparagus and boil in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain asparagus and immediately immerse it into an ice bath to stop cooking. Transfer asparagus onto a kitchen towel and pat excess water.
- Place asparagus, olive oil, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and salt in a food processor and pulse until completely pureed, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl or resealable container and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Note: Best served cold.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
274 calories, Total Fat – 7.5g, Saturated Fat – 1.4g, Fibre – 4.1g, Carbohydrates – 40g, Protein – 11.4g, Sodium – 1123mg
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.