- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup green onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp minced rosemary leaves
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Canola oil for shallow frying
Prep and Cook
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, green onion, garlic, rosemary, sea salt, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg. Pulse a few times to chop the green onions and garlic. Add the flour and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Using damp hands shape the wet mixture into 14 small round patties (about 2-3 inches in diameter) and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to help them firm up for frying.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet until hot and cook the patties (you may need to do this in batches) over medium heat until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove the excess oil and serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
(per patty) 74 Calories, 3.3 g Total Fat, 2.5 g Saturated Fat, 0.9 g Fibre, 8.8 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Protein, 70 mg Sodium
© 2005 - 2016 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.