Make Ahead Recipe
Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, cut lengthwise and seeded reserving 4 cucumber slices
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon, approximately 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prep and Cook
- Roughly chop cucumber and place in food processor. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt and buttermilk and cover with lid. Blend for 1–2 minutes or until completely puréed.
- Pour blended mixture into a large bowl and whisk in sour cream. Check seasonings and add more salt if desired.
- Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour into 4 glasses or small bowls and garnish with a cucumber slice and freshly ground black pepper.
Good to Know: Add ½ cup loosely packed mint leaves to step 1, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
87 Calories, 1.3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 8 g Fibre, 11.8 g Carbohydrates, 6.9 g Protein, 683 mg Sodium
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.