Make Ahead Recipe
Cold-Pressed Ice Coffee
- ⅓ cup coarsely ground coffee (2 tea bags, or equivalent)
- 1 litre glass jar
- Cold, filtered water
Prep and Cook
- Place the coffee ground in the glass jar and cover with cold water filling it to the brim.
- Cover tightly with a lid and let steep in the fridge for 12 to 24 hours.
- Place a paper-towel lined sieve over another jar or bowl and strain the coffee grounds. Wash the original jar well to remove the leftover sediment and return the strained coffee to the vessel.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
- To serve the coffee, pour the concentrate over ice and spike it with a little cream. To sweeten it, add agave nectar or honey as the sugar won’t dissolve well in the cold liquid.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Per Serving: 8 calories, Total Fat – 0.2g, Sat. Fat – 0.01g, Fibre – 0g Carbohydrates – 1.64g
Protein – 0.49g, Sodium – 13mg
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.