Easy Entertaining Recipe
Easy Chili & Cornbread
A chili recipe
- 1 cup medium-grind cornmeal
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sift together the cornmeal, whole-wheat flour, salt, chili powder and baking powder.
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter. Beat until smooth.
- Scoop ¼ cup cornbread mixture into each 500ml jar (use more batter in a larger jar and less in a smaller jar).
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cornbread is cooked through the centre. Scoop any extra cornbread batter into muffin cups to bake alongside the jars of chili.
Good to Know: If the cornbread browns before the centre is cooked through, cover the jars with a small piece of foil after 15 minutes in the oven.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.