Easy Grilled Steak Sliders
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb of your favourite cut of steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 8 slices aged-cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 dinner rolls or slider buns
Prep and Cook
- Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the vinegar has reduced and thickened to the consistency of maple syrup, about 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill or pan. Oil both sides of the steak and liberally season with salt and pepper. Cook until you reach the desired done-ness.
- Remove the steak from the heat and allow it to rest for 10 minutes to keep the juices inside and the meat moist.
- When the steak is taken off the heat, it should be brushed with the balsamic glaze while it’s resting.”
- Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- To assemble the sandwiches: Combine the Dijon and mayonnaise and mix well. Slice the buns in half and spread the Dijonnaise mixture on both sides. Top the bottom bun with a few leaves of spinach, some steak and a piece of cheese. Cover with the remaining half of bun and repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Skewer the sandwiches with a toothpick and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
735 calories, Total Fat – 37 g, Saturated Fat – 17.4 g, Fibre – 4.6 g, Carbohydrates – 51 g, Protein – 11.4 g, Sodium – 780 g
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.