From Our Partner : Dole Veggies
Grilled Fennel, Tomato and Baby Greens Salad with Bacon
Prep: 30 min.
Serves: 3 to 4
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, cut through core into ⅓-inch-thick (8 mm) slices
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (7.75 oz / 220 g) DOLE® Extra Veggie™ with Grape Tomatoes
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Prep and Cook
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush fennel slices with oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill 14 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until tender crisp. Cut slices in half.
- Combine salad blend, tomatoes from pouch, fennel and bacon in large bowl. Toss with Red Wine Vinaigrette, to taste.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
Combine 3 Tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar, 1 garlic clove coarsely chopped, ½ tsp (2.5 mL) Dijon-style mustard, ½ tsp (2.5 mL) dried oregano crushed, ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt and ½ tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Slowly add ⅓ cup (80 mL) olive oil in thin stream until blended. Makes about ½ cup (120 mL).
For more recipe ideas, visit www.dolesalads.ca
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.