Easy Entertaining Recipe
Layered Greek Salad
- 4–6 mini seedless cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 package feta, crumbled or cubed
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (or more)
Prep and Cook
- Starting with cucumber slices, layer vegetables, olives, feta and fresh herbs in a large round, glass salad bowl (a straight-sided trifle bowl is perfect to show off the colourful layers).
- Cover and transfer salad to the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, dried oregano and salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil.
- Dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately, ensuring that each plate includes a little bit of everything. Adjust quantity of dressing as needed.
Good to know: This layered salad can be prepared and refrigerated for 24 hours prior to serving but do not add the dressing until before serving. Add a layer of chopped lettuce if you wish.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.