Maple and Citrus Glazed Ham
- 1 8–10 lb ham, bone-in
- 2 ½ cups apple juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place ham on a rack in roasting pan.
- Pour 2 cups apple juice over the top of the ham.
- Cover ham with a lid or tinfoil and bake in preheated oven on middle rack for 18–20 minutes/lb (approx. 2 ½ hrs).
- Meanwhile, whisk together ½ cup apple juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange zest and juice and Dijon mustard in a small saucepan, over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until glaze starts to thicken.
- Set glaze aside until needed.
- Bake ham uncovered for 1 hour longer, basting frequently with glaze.
- Add water to the bottom of the pan if apple juice evaporates.
- Transfer ham to a cutting board, cover loosely with tinfoil and let sit for 15–20 minutes.
- Slice ham, avoiding the bone, and serve on large platter.
Good to Know: Ask your butcher for a spiral-cut ham to save time carving and cleaning up. A spiral cut ham is a pre-sliced ham of uniform thickness (perfect for Monte Cristo Sandwiches).
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.