No-Cook Black Bean Dip
- 1 can (540 mL/19 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mild salsa
- ¼ medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lower-sodium tomato juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cumin
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground coriander (optional)
Prep and Cook
- Set aside 1 cup (250 mL) of black beans.
- Blend remaining beans and all other ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Mix in remaining black beans and serve with baked whole wheat tortilla wedges, steamed carrots and cauliflower.
Good to know: Make the dip citrusy by adding 1–2 tbsp (15–30 mL) lime juice. For kids who aren’t fans of chunky-mixed foods, blend up all the beans for a smooth bean dip.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.