Easy Entertaining Recipe
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup good-quality cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup good-quality chocolate chips
- ½ Tbsp butter
- Optional: whipped cream, berries, grated chocolate
Prep and Cook
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir until the dry ingredients have dissolved. Set the pot over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon, about 10–15 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and butter and stir until melted and glossy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into a large serving bowl, or 6 individual ramekins, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. To avoid a film forming on the pudding, press the plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 3 days. Serve topped with whipped cream, berries and grated chocolate if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
195 Calories, 6.5 g Total Fat, 4.1 g Saturated Fat, 2.17 g Fibre, 33 g Carbohydrates, 3.9 g Protein, 231 mg Sodium
© 2005 - 2015 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.