Pastina with Peas and Parmesan
- 1 cup pastina (small-shaped pasta like stars or alphabets)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp cream or milk
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pastina until al dente (still slightly firm). Add the peas to the pot in the last minute of cooking, and drain well, returning the peas and pasta back to the saucepan.
- Add the butter and give a quick stir; crack the egg into the pot and stir it into the pasta cooking it with the residual heat in the pot. Add the cream and cheese and continue stirring until thick and creamy.
- Transfer to bowls or thermoses and garnish with additional cheese if desired.
Good to Know: If tiny pasta in not available at your grocery store feel free to use orzo in its place.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
344 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 5 g Saturated Fat, 3 g Fibre, 49 g Carbohydrates, 14 g Protein, 906 g Sodium
© 2005 - 2016 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.