15 Minute Recipe
Rice & Bean Cakes
Makes 12 large or 16 medium-sized cakes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup pinto or black beans
- ⅔ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and liberally grease a standard muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the rice, corn, beans, cheese and green onions. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the rice and stir well. Divide evenly between muffin tin and bake for 12–15 minutes or until the rice is slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
© 2005 - 2016 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.