Easy Entertaining Recipe
Rustic Skillet Blueberry and Peach Cobbler
For the Filling:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups peaches, sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
For the Topping:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Add blueberries, peaches, sugar and cornstarch and toss to combine. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until filling is bubbling. Remove from heat.
- While the fruit is cooking, make the topping. In a food processor, combine the flours, sugar, butter, baking powder and salt, and process for 30 seconds or until the mixture is coarse and mealy.
- Add the cream and pulse until just combined.
- Remove dough from food processor onto a sheet of parchment paper. Press dough into a disc that is roughly the same size as the skillet.
- Invert the dough and parchment paper onto the blueberry mixture covering it, and peel away the parchment paper.
- Brush the top of the dough with remaining cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
470 Calories, 18 g Total Fat, 11 g Saturated Fat, 4.1 g Fibre, 66 g Carbohydrates, 5.4 g Protein, 8 mg Sodium
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.