Easy Entertaining Recipe
Spring Risotto with Leeks, Peas and Asparagus
- 4–5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 leek, dark-green ends removed, washed and sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ pound asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- zest of half a lemon
Prep and Cook
- Pour the chicken or vegetable stock into a small saucepan and maintain over medium-low heat.
- Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and discard. Slice the remaining asparagus into ½” pieces and set aside.
- Add olive oil and 1 tsp butter in a large saucepan set over medium heat, and until butter is melted. Add the leek and sauté until translucent, approximately five minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Using a ladle, add one scoop of stock at a time to the saucepan, stirring constantly until the rice has completely absorbed the ladle of stock. When half of the stock has been incorporated, add the asparagus and peas to the pot and stir to combine. Continue adding a ladle of stock, as needed, until the rice is creamy and tender, about 15 minutes. Note: You may not need to use all of the stock.
- Remove the pot from the stovetop and add remaining butter, parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Good to Know: Sub 1 cup of wine for 1 cup of chicken stock if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
580 calories, Fat – 11.5g, Saturated Fats – 4.7g, Carbohydrates – 97.8g, Protein – 18g, Sodium – 513mg
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.