Easy Entertaining Recipe
Stuffed Avocado Shells
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef or turkey
- 1-540ml. can of pinto or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 avocados
- Toppings: salsa, sour cream, Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, cilantro, green onions, lime wedges
Prep and Cook
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the beef, cooking until no longer pink.
- Add the beans, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and stir to combine, cooking until the meat is well browned.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Fill each avocado half with some of the meat and bean mixture. Top with any of the recommended toppings. Serve immediately.
Good to Know: This makes more meat/bean mixture than required. Place the leftovers in a zip top bag and freeze it for another meal. To make this dish vegetarian, replace the meat with long-grain or brown rice.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.