Tuna and Apple Stuffed Pitas
- 1 (170g) can of flaked tuna (packed in water), drained
- 1 small MacIntosh apple, cored and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 2 small pitas, halved
Prep and Cook
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together tuna, apple, celery, mayonnaise and lemon.
- Spoon tuna salad into pita halves and serve with a side of cheese cubes, halved grapes or your toddler’s favourite cooked or raw vegetable.
Good to know: Make chicken and apple salad by substituting canned or cooked chicken for tuna. Add a dash of curry or cinnamon to spice it up.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.