Turkey and Kale Enchiladas
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups kale, washed, stems and centre ribs removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green chilies (canned)
- 12 flour tortillas
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup salsa
- Sour cream and salsa for serving
Prep and Cook
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the turkey, cumin and chili powder in a skillet set over medium high heat and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add 3 ½ cups of the kale and combine, cooking until the meat is cooked through and the kale is slightly wilted. Remove from the stovetop and transfer mixture to a medium-mixing bowl.
- Add the corn, 1 cup of cheese and the chilies; mix well.
- Spoon some of the mixture into a flour tortilla and roll the wrap up tightly, placing seam-side down in a casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining filling and tortillas.
- Combine the light cream, sour cream and salsa and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the tortillas. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and kale. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream and salsa if desired.
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.