Easy Entertaining Recipe
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 5 lemons)
- 2 cups watermelon puree (about 4 cups chopped watermelon)
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 cups cold water
Prep and Cook
- To make a simple syrup, combine 1 cup of water and the sugar in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Place it in the fridge to cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- While the water cools, place the watermelon pieces in a blender and puree until completely smooth; strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds and pulp.
- In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice, watermelon puree, simple syrup and remaining cold water. Stir well and serve over ice.
Good to Know: Traditional simple syrup is made using equal parts sugar and water. I find this recipe is sweet enough with only ½ cup sugar, but feel free to use a full cup if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
77 Calories, 0.10 g Total Fat, 0.2 g Saturated Fat, 0.4 g Fibre, 20.2 g Carbohydrates, 0.5 g Protein, 7 mg Sodium
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.