Creating a Decor Splash
Splash Party Activities
When you’ve got a splash-themed party on the go, it’s amazing how many things you can add to your décor to make it water-wonderful.
Here are eight ways to create a splash on your table:
- Cover the table with a blue tablecloth to represent the water.
- Roll some paper (craft, white or parchment) down the centre of the table and cover with hand-drawn fish. Allow the kids to colour in the fish and draw some of their own to create an ‘aquarium’ keepsake for the birthday child.
- Hang water balloons and/or mini beach balls from the ceiling/fence/patio umbrella with invisible thread.
- Cut fish shapes from 12” x 12” pieces of cardstock, and use as placemats.
- Fill glass jars with rainbow licorice and call it ‘Pool Noodles’.
- Fill glass jars with fish crackers for centerpiece.
- Serve drinks in water bottle with homemade labels and cocktail umbrellas. If the party is being held outdoors, the cocktail umbrella with cover the water and keep the bugs at bay.
- Serve the food in sand pails for a creative display.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.