Jungle Juice and Animal Party Cups
Homemade Animal Party Cups
- Lemonade or limeade
- Pink paper cups
- Yellow paper cups
- 2 sheets each of the following cardstock: orange, yellow, light brown, dark brown
- Black, silver and pink markers
- Glue stick
How to Make
- Fill a pitcher or glass bottle with the lemonade or limeade and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the Elephant Paper Cup
- You will need one pink cup and ½ sheet pink cardstock per cup.
- Draw two big ears onto half of the pink paper and cut them out. Fold over ½ inch of the straight side of the ear and apply glue to it. Attach it to the paper cup. Repeat with the other ear. Using the black marker, draw on the eyes and nose. Cut a long, thin piece (about 5”) from the remaining cardstock and roll it around a pencil. Glue one end to the face for the nose. Outline the ears with the silver marker for additional detail.
For the Monkey Cup
- You will need one yellow cup, ¼ sheet dark brown cardstock, and ¼ sheet light brown cardstock per cup.
- Trace the opening of the cup on the dark brown paper, and cut out the circle. Cut off the bottom ⅓ of the circle. Glue both pieces onto the front of the cup, leaving a small gap between the two pieces, so you can see the cup through the middle (this will be the mouth). Draw on two small black eyes at the top of the circle where it meets the cup.
- Trace the bottom of the cup on the light brown paper twice. Cut out both circles. Fold over the bottom ⅓ of each circle and apply glue. Attach the circles to the side of the cup for the monkey’s ears. Cut a long thin strip of the light brown paper, and roll it around a pencil to create a curl. Glue one end to the back of the cup for the tail.
For the Lion Cup
- You will need one yellow cup, ¼ piece of orange cardstock and ¼ piece yellow cardstock per cup.
- Trace the opening of the cup on the orange paper and cut out the circle. Trace the bottom of the cup on the yellow paper and cut out the circle. Glue the yellow circle onto the centre of the orange circle. Make cuts in the orange paper from the edge of the circle to the start of the yellow paper to create a fringe. Bend a few pieces forward and few pieces backwards to create some texture in the lion’s mane. Using the black and pink markers draw on a face. Glue the lion’s head to the cup. To make a tail, cut a thin strip from the light brown paper. Glue a small orange oval to one end, and attach the other end to the back of the cup. Cut a fringe into the orange paper to create a furry look to the end of the tail.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.