Turn a simple hero party into a 'super' one with these easy decorations.
Table Décor Ideas
- Cover the table with a black tablecloth.
- Use red, blue, yellow and silver for generic superhero decorations, or use the theme colours of your chosen superhero.
- Hang balloons and action figures from the ceiling, or make a garland by hanging them around the top of the table.
- Cut starbursts and lightning bolts from craft foam and hang the signs on the wall with double-sided tape. Using a thick marker, write ‘Pow’ and ‘Bam’ on some of the signs.
- Fill silver planters with red, blue and yellow candies for a centrepiece.
- Blow up small balloons, attach them to skewers and stick them into a glass or silver container for centrepieces.
- Laminated comic pages and use them for placemats.
- Make a banner by cutting large triangles and out of coloured/patterned paper and gluing them to a ribbon. Hang from the wall beside or over the party table.
Paper Banner for Birthday Cake
- Our colourful Super Signs and Shapes
- String or ribbon
- Hole punch
- Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
How to Make
- Cut the paper into as many Super Signs and Shapes as you would like for the banner.
- Cut the string to the desired size (for an 8” cake, 10–12” works well, so there will be some slack in the middles and enough string to tie the ends).
- Punch two small holes into the top of each piece of paper and slide the pieces onto the ribbon or string.
- After you have all your flags strung on your string, tie them to the ends of your sticks and double-knot them so they don’t come loose.
- Stick them into the cake and adjust as needed.
Paper Skewers for a Birthday Cake
How to Make
- Print out our colourful Super Signs and Shapes
- Cut out the shape and tape the back of the image to a lollipop stick or wooden skewer.
- Press into cake.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.