Team Canada Strawberries and Cream Cake
- 1 vanilla or chocolate cake recipe (homemade or boxed mix), enough for two 9” layers
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
Prep and Cook
- Bake cake as per recipes/package directions and allow it to cool completely before removing it from pans.
- Place whipping cream and sugar in a clean bowl and beat until thick and fluffy.
- Place one layer of cake on a cake board or stand. Top with half of the whipped cream mixture, spreading it out to the sides. Cover with second layer of cake and smooth remaining whipped cream over the top.
- Decorate the top of the cake by arranging strawberry slices into a maple leaf. Slice one strawberry in half to form the stem.
- Decorate with a mini banner by making a paper chain using the ring colours.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.