Apple Pie on a Stick
- Homemade or store-bought pie dough, enough for 2, 9” pies
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 Tbsp water)
- Lollipop sticks
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add apples, sugar and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until apples are tender.
- Roll out pastry to ¼” in thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a 2” round cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from the pastry and place 12 on baking sheet.
- Place a lollipop stick in the centre of each round and top with 1–2 tablespoons of the apple mixture. Cover each pastry with remaining rounds, and seal lollipops together by crimping edges.
- Brush each pie with egg wash and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow pies to cool completely.
Good to know: Pies can be made one day in advance. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.