- 1 dozen small round buns
- 1 red apple
- 1 grape, halved
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 1 cucumber round, halved crosswise
- 10–12 pretzels
- Assorted sandwich fillings: ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, turkey, peanut butter etc.
- Faux green grass (optional)
Note: Green grass can be purchased at Dollarama, Michaels or Shoppers Drug Mart. An alternative serving item could be a green platter, or a white platter covered with lettuce.
Prep and Cook
- Using the round buns and sandwich fillings, make ten assorted sandwiches (for the caterpillar body) and set aside.
- Slice the apple in half (for the head) and lay cut-side down. Slice the grape in half and, using toothpicks, attach each half of the grape to the apple (for eyes). Do the same with the cucumber slice (for the mouth).
- Skewer marshmallows onto toothpicks (4 on each) and attach to the apple (for the antennas).
- Scatter the grass (if using) over a large cake board or baking sheet and place the apple on the right side of the tray. Lay the sandwiches sideways, in the shape of a very hungry caterpillar. Insert two pretzels to every other bun (for the legs).
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.