Cold Noodle Salad
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles, rice noodles or soba noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
Prep and Cook
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add noodles, cooking according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water to prevent from cooking further. Drain well and place in a large bowl. Add carrots, celery, green onions and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup and sesame oil. Pour over noodles and vegetables and toss with tongs.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Good to Know: Noodle salad can be made up to one day in advance. If your family is nut-free, use tahini (sesame seed paste) in place of the peanut butter.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.