Add some Italian flare to your outdoor meal with cold-pressed sandwiches showcasing delectable meats and cheeses.
- Salami, mortadella, capicollo
- Provolone or mozzarella
- Extras: sun dried tomatoes, olives, lettuce, peppers
Prep and Cook
- Slice the bread in half and lightly butter both sides.
- Spread each side with pesto and add a layer or two of salami, mortadella and capicollo to the bottom half of the bread.
- Top with a layer of provolone and mozzarella, then add another layer or two of the meat. Top with the other half of the bread.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, ensuring the entire sandwich is well covered.
- Place on a baking sheet and top with a large cast-iron skillet, Dutch oven, or casserole dish filled with heavy items from your fridge, and leave overnight.
- To serve, unwrap the sandwich and slice into two-inch pieces. Skewer with a toothpick, wrap each sandwich in parchment and tie with twine or serve as is on a platter.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.