Creepy Candied Apples
- 4–6 apples
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 4–6 drops red food colouring
Prep and Cook
- Wash the apples and insert a twig or Popsicle stick into the end of each one. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup and food colouring and 1 cup of water. Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the liquid reaches 300°F on a candy thermometer.
- Dip an apple in the syrup covering the apple completely with the mixture.
- Hold the dipped apple over the saucepan and allow the excess coating to drip off.
- Place the apple on a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining apples.
- Allow the candy coating to harden before serving.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2014 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.