Hawaiian Luau Cupcakes
Variety in flavour, colour and decoration is what makes these Hawaiian Luau Cupcakes so festive and fabulous.
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 2 cups vanilla icing
- Blue and white cupcake liners
- Blue gel colouring paste or liquid food colouring
- Shark gummy candies, pineapple pieces, maraschino cherries, cocktail umbrellas, graham cracker crumbs, toasted coconut
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two muffin tins with blue and white liners and spray the top of the pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Make cake batter per package directions, and bake as per instructions.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the baking pan.
- Tint ⅔ cup of the white icing using 3 to 4 drops of the blue colouring.
- Fill a large piping or zip top bag with the blue icing and snip the corner off. Pipe large swirls of icing onto the cupcakes in the blue liners, and top with the gummy sharks.
- Divide the remaining icing in half. Using a palette knife spread one half of the icing over eight cupcakes. Dip the cupcakes in graham cracker crumbs and top with a cocktail umbrella inserted diagonally.
- Fill a large piping or zip top bag with the remaining white icing and snip the corner off.
- Pipe large swirls over the top of the remaining cupcakes. Top with a maraschino cherry and pineapple piece and sprinkle toasted coconut over the top.
- Serve cupcakes on a cake stand or a platter, or in a cupcake tree.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.