Transform the ‘hotdog’ into a tasty, Hollywood hit with this easy recipe.
- 6 sweet Italian sausages
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup panko crumbs
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the casings from the sausage and place the meat in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the egg and panko, and mix well.
- On a floured work surface roll out the pastry into a large rectangle. Cut it lengthways into two even pieces.
- Divide the sausage mixture into four. Roll each section into a sausage shape and lay it along the middle of each puff pastry rectangle.
- Roll the mixture up in the puff pastry. Cut each log into four pieces and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top and sides of each roll, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.