Severed Fingers with Bloody Dipping Sauce
These chicken fingers are definitely ‘bloody’ delicious.
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 6–8 grinds of fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
- ½ tsp hot sauce (or more if you like)
- 1 box of crackers, smashed into crumbs or 2 cups of panko
- Whole almonds
- Red food colouring
Prep and Cook
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry. Slice each breast into strips and set aside.
- Combine the yogurt, salt, pepper and mustard in a bowl. Add the chicken and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. While the chicken is resting, remove all of the crackers from the packaging; place them in a large re-sealable bag and pound with a rolling pin until a rough crumb remains.
- Dredge the chicken into the crackers and coat all sides well. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and crackers turn golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, use a clean paintbrush and apply the red food colouring to the almonds. Set aside.
- Remove the chicken strips from the oven. Apply a small amount of ketchup to the back of each almond and press one into the thin end of each chicken strip.
- Serve with a bowl of ketchup.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2016 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.