Simple Super Cake
Change the icing colours in this superhero cake to fit your own personalized theme.
- 1 chocolate or vanilla cake, 9x13-inches
- 2 cups white icing
- 2 drops of yellow food colouring or paste
- 2 drops of blue food colouring or paste
- 2 drops of pink or red food colouring or paste
- 1 zip top baggie
- Assorted small round sprinkles
Prep and Cook
- Place one cup of icing in a medium mixing bowl and add the yellow food colouring. Stir to combine, ensuring the entire colour is mixed in.
- Cover the entire cake with the yellow icing, ensuring a smooth, even coverage.
- Mix ½ cup of icing with the blue food colouring and combine well. Repeat with the remaining icing and the pink food colouring.
- Scoop the blue and pink icing into separate zip top baggies and twist the top of the bag closed. Snip off one of the corners of each of the bags and set the pink icing aside.
- Using the blue icing, pipe a dotted/wavy border around the sides of the cake. When finished pipe a superhero symbol in the middle of the cake, and discard the blue icing.
- Using the pink/red icing, pipe the initial of the birthday girl onto the middle of the superhero symbol.
- Cover the remainder of the cake with sprinkles and serve.
Decorate your food with our printable Super Signs and Power Shapes
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2016 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.