Spooky Ghost Cupcakes
There’s a ghost of a chance that there’ll be one left for you after the kids get at ‘em.
- 24 mini cupcakes (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Silver candies
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Place the cupcakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Place a piping bag—or large zip-top bag—inside a drinking glass and open the mouth of the bag over top of the opening of the glass.
- Combine the egg whites, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk using an electric mixer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Transfer the meringue to the piping bag, working quickly, and seal the bag by rolling the top down. If using a zip-top bag, snip the corner of the bag to create an opening.
- Pipe small ghost shapes on top of the mini cupcakes. Don’t worry about making them perfectly round. Place two small silver candies into each ghost for the eyes.
- Transfer the cupcakes to the pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour, or until they are no longer gummy.
- Turn off the heat, open the door and allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature in the oven.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.