Spring Celebration Garden Cake
- 2 – 8” chocolate cakes
- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups white icing
- 1 drop of green food colouring
- ½ cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Gummy worms
- Candy, chocolate, real or artificial/candy flowers
- “Happy Birthday” sign (optional)
Prep and Cook
- Combine the instant pudding mix with milk as per the package directions and allow to set, approximately five minutes.
- Using a medium sized glass bowl or vessel, break one of the chocolate cakes into half and crumble into the bottom of the bowl. Set aside the other half.
- Top with half of the pudding mixture. Break the whole cake into small pieces and sprinkle over top. Cover with the leftover pudding, followed by the crumbled remaining half cake.
- Insert 8 to 10 gummy worms into the ‘dirt’. Be sure to lay some along the glass so they can be seen.
- Using a #22 tip, or small spatula, pipe or spread the green icing over the top layer of cake.
- Stick the flowers into the middle of the cake. Divide the cookie crumbs into four equal parts and pour each onto a different spot on the cake making a mound. Stick a gummy worm into each, leaving some of the body peeking out.
- Add a “Happy Birthday” sign, if desired.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2013 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.