- 40 mini ice cream cones
- 1 vanilla cake recipe (homemade or boxed mix)
- 4 cups vanilla icing
- Orange gel-paste colouring
- Yellow gel-paste colouring
- Star-tipped piping bag
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and stand mini ice cream cones upright on the baking sheet.
- Prepare cake mixture as per package or recipe directions. Pour batter into ice cream cones, filling them ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until cakes are golden brown on top. Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, tint half of the icing orange and the other half yellow. Fill one side of the piping bag with orange icing and the other side with yellow icing. Twist the top of the bag tightly to push icing to the tip. This will help the colours to combine.
- To ice the cone cupcakes, evenly squeeze icing out of the bag starting in the middle of the cone and work outwards around the edge twice and end in the middle. As you pipe, the orange and yellow icing will combine to create a flame-coloured swirl.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our free, exclusive email
devoted to practical solutions
for moms in Canada!
© 2005 - 2015 SavvyMom Media, Inc., All Rights Reserved
SavvyMom is the registered trademark of SavvyMom Media Inc.