- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and minced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large tin crushed tomatoes
- Orzo, cooked al dente
Prep and Cook
- 1Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook the onions, garlic, carrots and celery until they are softened and the edges are slightly browned. Add the meat, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and rosemary. Saute for 8 to10 minutes until the meat is browned.
- 2Add the tomatoes and ⅓ cup water and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 60 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- 3While the sauce is simmering, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain the orzo and toss it with the sauce.
- 4Serve with grated cheese if desired.
Similar Related Posts:
- March 22, 2017
4 Ways to Add Colour and Nutrients to Your Toddler's Diet
These seasonal ingredients will add a burst of colour and an injection of vitamins A and C, iron, magnesium and potassium to your toddler's diet.