- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 lb ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 10–12 bacon strips
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and carrots and cook for another minute or two. Remove from stovetop and allow to cool.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl and stir. Add egg and mix to combine.
- 4In a large mixing bowl add turkey, parsley, salt, sage and pepper. Add cooled vegetables and milk mixture and mix with hands until everything is combined. Shape meat into a 10” x 5” loaf and set on baking sheet.
- 5Brush top of loaf with ketchup and lay strips of bacon diagonally across turkey, taking care to overlap them. Tuck bacon ends under the meatloaf.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes, or until middle of the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.
- May 9, 2017
Make-Ahead Menus for Easy Entertaining on Mother's Day
If you have to entertain on Mother's Day, don't spend the day in the kitchen. Make it ahead! Follow our make-ahead menus for a Mother's Day brunch, lunch, and dinner.
- February 20, 2017
How to Host a Family-Friendly Oscar Party
Sure, your kids may not stay up late enough to watch the entire show come Sunday night, but that doesn't mean they can't help to celebrate Hollywood's biggest day of the year. Our award-worthy menu is full of kid-friendly finger foods and sweet treats that have been given the red-carpet treatment.