These Fish Tacos are a hit if you want to make fish fun and friendly, especially for the non-fish fans in your family (say that ten times fast).
Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- 1 ½ lb (750g) firm white fish fillets (halibut, tilapia)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 8–12 taco shells
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1 small bowl of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 c chopped cherry tomatoes (yellow and red)
- 1 Tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
- ½ mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
Prep and Cook
- 1In a medium bowl, toss mango, tomatoes, peppers, onion, olive oil, lime juice and zest.
- 2Let sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes or overnight, allowing flavours to blend.
- 3Dip fish fillets in flour and salt and pan sear in oil until crispy and brown on the outside and firm on the inside (about 4 minutes each side).
- 4Break up the fish into chunks while cooking to save time.
- 5Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- 6Line the inside of each taco shell with a lettuce leaf and spoon fish chunks on top.
- 7Leave the salsa and cheese out for your family to make their own masterpiece.
Category: No Category