Makes 6-7 cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raw sesame seeds
- ½ cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the oats, sesame seeds, walnuts, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- 3Add the vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil and stir to combine. Use your hands at this point to mix, ensuring that all of the wet and dry ingredients are evenly mixed. Turn the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- 4Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir in the coconut and hazelnuts. Return to the oven and bake until the granola is fragrant and golden brown, 18-20 minutes, stirring once halfway through to ensure it bakes evenly. (Note that much like cookies when they come out of the oven, eh granola will firm up considerably as it cools, so be careful not to over bake.) Let cool completely.
- 5Stir in the cacao nibs. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 weeks, or in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. The granola also freezes beautifully for up to 3 months.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 30, 2018
7 Healthy Grab & Go Breakfast Bars for Busy Mornings
If you’re tired of eating your kids’ leftovers as you rush out the door in the morning, here are a few morning meal lifesavers. We've rounded up some healthy (and tasty) breakfast bars that will help hold you over.
- February 8, 2018
Homemade Whole Wheat and Oats Pancake Mix in a Jar
Making your own pancake mixes are pretty simple and beneficial. They're typically made with things you likely have on hand, and in addition to the health benefits of homemade goods versus packaged ones, you'll also save a bit of money.
- December 18, 2017
Christmas Morning Menu Ideas: Build-Your-Own Breakfast Bar
Instead of stressing about what to serve on Christmas morning, take the guesswork out of the meal and the pressure off yourself and set up a crowd-pleasing DIY breakfast bar.