- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey (or pork)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- ¾ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Using a cooking spray or cooking oil, lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together salsa, ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and set aside.
- 4Cook onions and garlic in olive oil in a small skillet, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, turkey, carrot, spinach, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper, using a fork or your hands to mix until combined.
- 7Stir in onion mixture.
- 8Fill each muffin tin to the top with the meatloaf mixture and top with salsa sauce.
- 9Bake meatloaf muffins in the centre of the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- 10Five minutes before they are finished, sprinkle meatloaf muffins with shredded cheese.
Similar Related Posts:
- March 22, 2017
4 Ways to Add Colour and Nutrients to Your Toddler's Diet
These seasonal ingredients will add a burst of colour and an injection of vitamins A and C, iron, magnesium and potassium to your toddler's diet.