- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp regular or grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 – 540 ml can white or navy beans
- 10 small new potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup nicoise olives
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 cup marinated beans (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp capers
Prep and Cook
- 1In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- 2In a second bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinated beans and set aside.
- 3Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover (by at least 1”) with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover, and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, 5-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a bowl and toss with two tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- 4Bring the potato-cooking water back to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes, or until bright green, crisp, and tender. Drain well and immediately transfer beans to an ice water bath to stop the cooking.
- 5To assemble the salad, have all of the ingredients at the ready, along with the vinaigrette, a large mixing bowl, and platter.
- 6Place the lettuce leaves in the bowl and gently toss with 2-3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Arrange the leaves over the platter, and place the potatoes in a line down the centre of the plate.
- 7Add the drained green beans to the mixing bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Arrange half of the green beans on either side of the platter.
- 8Repeat with the process with the tomatoes, onions, and olives, tossing each with one tablespoon of the vinaigrette before placing on the platter.
- 9Arrange the hard-boiled egg quarters in two rows, and the tuna in one. Drizzle any remaining dressing over top of both.
- 10Fill in the final row with the marinated beans, and garnish the entire platter with the capers.
Similar Related Posts:
- February 20, 2017
How to Host a Family-Friendly Oscar Party
Sure, your kids may not stay up late enough to watch the entire show come Sunday night, but that doesn't mean they can't help to celebrate Hollywood's biggest day of the year. Our award-worthy menu is full of kid-friendly finger foods and sweet treats that have been given the red-carpet treatment.