- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp regular or grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 – 540 ml can white or navy beans
- 10 small new potatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup nicoise olives
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 cup marinated beans (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp capers
Prep and Cook
- 1In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- 2In a second bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinated beans and set aside.
- 3Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover (by at least 1”) with cold water. Season generously with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover, and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, 5-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a bowl and toss with two tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- 4Bring the potato-cooking water back to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes, or until bright green, crisp, and tender. Drain well and immediately transfer beans to an ice water bath to stop the cooking.
- 5To assemble the salad, have all of the ingredients at the ready, along with the vinaigrette, a large mixing bowl, and platter.
- 6Place the lettuce leaves in the bowl and gently toss with 2-3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Arrange the leaves over the platter, and place the potatoes in a line down the centre of the plate.
- 7Add the drained green beans to the mixing bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Arrange half of the green beans on either side of the platter.
- 8Repeat with the process with the tomatoes, onions, and olives, tossing each with one tablespoon of the vinaigrette before placing on the platter.
- 9Arrange the hard-boiled egg quarters in two rows, and the tuna in one. Drizzle any remaining dressing over top of both.
- 10Fill in the final row with the marinated beans, and garnish the entire platter with the capers.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.
- May 9, 2017
Make-Ahead Menus for Easy Entertaining on Mother's Day
If you have to entertain on Mother's Day, don't spend the day in the kitchen. Make it ahead! Follow our make-ahead menus for a Mother's Day brunch, lunch, and dinner.